- Jun 28 2022
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
UNFS Improving Reproduction Success
UNFS has partnered with MLA to deliver this PDS program which supports producers to adapt, validate and demonstrate the business value of integrating new management practices/skills into their local farming systems.
What’s on the agenda?
- Defining a breeding objective
- Merino Flock Profiling—understanding test results & how to use the information
- Understanding Australian Sheep Breeding Values (ASBVs) and Indexes
- Why use ASBVs when buying rams
- Using the RamSelect app
- Pregnancy scanning ewes, splitting twins & singles, and managing smaller mob sizes
- Farmers are encouraged to bring DNA testing results along on the day
Case Study from Alison Henderson who will give an insight into their sheep enterprise and share her experiences and a visit to their farm, 1km from Don’s shearing shed.
RSVP and for more information
Rachel Trengove P: 0438 452 003 E: firstname.lastname@example.org